PHILIP KNAPPENBERGER, JR. FAMILY
OF LEHIGH COUNTY, PENNSYLVANIA
Harrison (1823-1857) > 7 Children
Catharine Clarissa (1826-1895) > 3 Children
John Joseph (1828-1907) > 6 Children
Amelia (1831-1879) > 2 Children
Thomas Henry (1833-1909) > 13 Children
Anna Caroline (1835-1925) > 5 Children
Francis Charles (1837-1929) > 12 Children
Anna Angeline (1840-1925) > 8 Children
Elias Jeremias (1843-1926) > 12 Children
Jane A. (1848-1923) > 4 Children
Philip Knappenberger, Jr. was born 9 August 1800 in Macungie Township, Northampton County (later to become Lehigh County in 1812), PA. He was the son of Johan "Philip" (1776-1851) of Lehigh County, PA and Gertrude JARRETT, daughter of Isaac Jarrett and Catharine Wetzel/Wentzel. This couple did not marry so Philip, Jr. was raised by his mother and her husband, Peter Wolf, with whom she had several more children. Philip, Jr. was a blacksmith by trade as well as a farmer. He died 4 February 1884 in South Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, PA. Most of this family is buried in Cedar Church Cemetery, Cetronia, Lehigh County, PA.
His obituary reads in part,
"Mr. Philip Knappenberger was one of South Whitehall's oldest and most highly esteemed citizens....He, when in his best years, was a man of great industry, endurance, push and determination, and ever held the goodwill and esteem of all knowing him." Philip was one of the founders of the Lutheran & Reformed Church at Cetronia, PA known as Cedarville.
Philip, Jr. married Anna SCHMOYER, daughter of Daniel Schmoyer and Catharine Albright, on 9 November 1822 in Lehigh County, PA. Anna was born 1 September 1804 in Macungie Township, Northampton County, PA and died 12 February 1888 in South Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, PA. This couple is buried in Cedar Church Cemetery at Cetronia, PA. This couple had ten children.
Gravestone of Philip Knappenberger, Jr.
Cedar Lutheran Church, Broadway, Allentown, PA
[photo graciously provided by Karen Hunger Cox]
HARRISON KNAPPENBERGER (1823-1857)
Harrison was born 19 December 1823 in Lower Macungie Township, Lehigh County, PA and died 16 July 1857 in South Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, PA. In the 1850 Census, he was listed as a shoemaker. He married Hannah Sarah ARNDT in May of 1848. Hannah was born about 1828 and died about 1895 in Allentown, Lehigh County, PA. They had seven children.
1. Ellen Jane Knappenberger born 6 February 1849 and died 9 July 1919 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Charles J. PRESTON, son of James and Mary Ann Preston on March 1867. He was born 15 July 1846 and died 18 December 1914 in Allentown, Lehigh County, PA. They are buried in Fairview Cemetery, Allentown, PA. They had 4 children:
a. Emma Preston was born May1869 in Lehigh County, PA.
b. Anna Amanda Elisabeth Preston was born 7 February 1872 and died 9 February 1938 in Lehigh County, PA. She married John N. KLINE, son of Samuel Kline, on 9 January 1892. John was born 15 October 1865 in Montgomery County, PA and died 21 June 1930 in Lehigh County, PA. They are buried in Fairview Cemetery, Allentown, PA. They had 8 children: Beulah Kline (6 August 1893-24 May 1896), John Kline (October 1894), Charles Kline (April 1897) Edward F. Kline (February 1900), Eva V. Kline (about 1912), Raymond R. Kline (3 December 1905- 24 February 1910), Ruth S. Kline (about 1908) and another unknown child who had died prior to 1910.
c. Charles Harrison Preston was born 22 August 1873 in Lehigh County, PA and died 18 December 1941 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Clara K. Pfleuger, daughter of John Pfleuger, on 7 December 1895. Clara was born 12 August 1874 in Berks County, PA and died 11 January 1956 in Lehigh County, PA. They are buried in Fairview Cemetery. They had 4 children: Dora K. Preston (born about 1896), William C. Preston (13 April 1900-15 June 1923), Eugene H. Preston (30 June 1903-7 September 1980) and Clara Preston (born about 1912).
d. Franklin H. Preston was born July 1879 in Lehigh County, PA and died 1946 in Lehigh County, PA. He is buried in Fairview Cemetery. Frank never married.
2. Amanda Acquilla Knappenberger was born 30 October 1850 in Lehigh County, PA and died sometime after 1920 most likely in Berks County, PA. She married Jacob BROWN, son of David and Susan Brown, on 1 October 1881. He was born January 1854 in Berks County, PA and died 17 April 1902 in Berks County, PA. He is buried in Pricetown Cemetery. They lived in Pricetown, PA. They had one daughter:
a. Mary "Ida" Brown, born November 1892 in Berks County, PA and died 1932 in Berks County, PA. She is buried in Pricetown Cemetery. It seems that Mary did not marry. In the 1930 census, she was 37 years of age, single and was a registered nurse.
Amanda Knappenberger, Age 25, Deaf
Circa 1875, South Whitehall, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania
[photo graciously provided by Karin Simmons]
3. Messian Maximillian Knappenberger was born 2 May 1852 in Lehigh County, PA and seemingly died between 1852-1860. Nothing further is known at this time.
4. Martha Knappenberger was born 2 May 1852 in Lehigh County, PA and died 10 August 1876 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Allen DILLINGER, son of Daniel Dillinger and Juliann Dillinger. Allen was born March 1852. Martha died shortly after giving birth to their only child:
a. Sally Ann Dillinger was born 31 July 1876 and died 29 September 1876 in Lehigh County, PA.
5. Eliza Knappenberger was born February 1854 and died 17 March 1854 in Lehigh County, PA.
6. Euphemia Knappenberger was born 8 March 1855 in Lehigh County, PA and died after 1930 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Uriah Benjamin SELL, son of Owen and Mary Ann SELL, on 19 August 1876. Uriah was born September 12, 1851 in Lehigh County and died during the 1920's in Lehigh County. They had 2 sons:
a. Elmer Martin Sell was born 10 November 1883 and died during the 1920's in Lehigh County, PA. He married Rosie [maiden name unknown] who was born about 1884 in PA. Elmer and Rosie had two children: Ammon Sell was born 27 August 1904 in Lehigh County, PA and died 16 November 1993 in Florida. He married Mabel L. [maiden name unknown] about 1926 and they had a son, Harold Sell Ammon and Rosie also had a daughter named Gert Sell who was born about 1921.
b. Clinton Eugene Sell was born 14 November 1885 and seemingly died prior to 1900.
7. Thomas Allen Knappenberger was born June 1857 in South Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, PA and died 3 September 1929 in Allentown, Lehigh County, PA. He married Emma C. WINKLER who was born October 1843 in Guntzberg, Germany and died in the 1920's. They had 5 children.
a. Mary "Alice" Knappenberger was born 16 October 1879 in Allentown, PA and died in Birdsboro, PA on 24 May 1911. She married Herman P. OSWALD, son of Benjamin and Catherine Oswald. Herman was born 18 November 1875 in Birdsboro, PA and died 4 September 1958 in Gilbertsville, PA. They are buried in Amityville Cemetery. They had 6 children: Leroy W. Oswald (28 November 1900- 15 January 1963) who married Nora [maiden name unknown] (6 October 1902-Augst 1972), Elda E. Oswald (12 October 1902-12 July 1914), George B.T. Oswald (5 July 1904-17 September 1970) who married Esther (born about 1909), Franklin P. Oswald (10 October 1905-27 October 1981) who married Florence (17 November 1905-July 1973), Clarence Ralph Oswald (10 July 1907-28 November 1996) who married Daisy Maria Kemp (10 October 1925-11 March 1963), and Earl Russell Oswald (25 March 1909-17 February 1910).
b. Annie E. Knappenberger was born 19 January 1882 in Lehigh County, PA and died 20 June 1963 in Berks County, PA. Annie married Jacob H. FENSTERMACHER, son of Jacob and Emma Fenstermacher, on 9 September 1905 in Kutztown, PA. Jacob was born 25 August 1878 in Berks County, PA and died there on 23 August 1965. They are buried in Topton Union Cemetery.
c. Lillie H. Knappenberger was born August 1888 in Lehigh County, PA and died in the 1920's in Lehigh County, PA. She married Harrison B. KRAMER, son of Alfred and Emma Kramer. Harry was born June 1886 in Lehigh County, PA. They had three children: Marguerite E. Kramer (13 April 1909-17 October 1997) who married Roy E. BENDER, Henrietta M. Kramer (31 October 1911-23 January 1996) who never married, and Warren P. Kramer (born 1919).
d. Elisabeth I. Knappenberger known as "Lizzie" was born August 1891 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Robert T. BEITLER, son of Jeremiah Beitler and Elisabeth Boehm, on 11 October 1917 in Lehigh County, PA. Robert was born about 1888 in Allentown, PA. They had four children: Merritt Beitler (9 March 1918-April 19975) Anna Beitler (24 January 1920-14 October 1987), Lovie Beitler (born about 1923) and Mariam Beitler (14 October 1925-23 October 2008).
e. Robert Charles Knappenberger was born 22 April 1894 in Allentown, Lehigh County, PA and died on 13 October 1947 in Allentown, Lehigh County, PA. He married Phoebe Julia SPAAR, daughter of Edward H. and Irene Eline, on 23 June 1934. Phoebe was born June 1899 in Berks County, PA and died 17 May 1961 in Lehigh County, PA. They are buried in Sacred Heart Cemetery in Lehigh County, PA. They had two children: Irene Emma Knappenberger and Thomas Edward Knappenberger (20 November 1935-19 November 1994).
CATHARINE CLARISSA KNAPPENBERGER (1826-1895)
Catharine "Clarissa" born 23 September 1826 in Lehigh County, PA and died 17 July 1895 in Allentown, Lehigh County, PA. She married Aaron KUNKLE, son of Jonathan Kunkle and Catharine Wetzel, in November 1848. Aaron was born 23 February 1828 in Upper Milford, Lehigh County, PA and died 12 July 1906 in Allentown, Lehigh County, PA. This couple had three children.
1. Isabella Maria Kunkle born 16 May 1849 and died 6 February 1939 in Lehigh County, PA. She married John KINGCAID, son of James Kingcaid and Catherine Rice. He was born 18 November 1847 and died 6 April 1927 in Allentown, Lehigh County, PA. They had 2 children:
a. Alice A. Kingcaid born 22 September 1867 in Allentown and died 16 January 1964 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Clinton Lewis GAUMER on 30 April 1887. He was born 9 September 1866 and died 6 August 1914 in Lehigh County, PA. They are buried at West End Cemetery, Allentown, PA. They had 4 children: Raymond Alvin Gaumer (17 June 1890), Leo Charles Gaumer (29 April 1894 - 1961), Florence Mildred Gaumer (22 June 1896) and Jessie Margarite Gaumer (15 March 1901-February 1980).
b. Harrison G. "Harry" born 8 April 1869 and died 24 January 1858 in Allentown, PA. He first married Ida LEISER, daughter of Benjamin and Emma Leiser, 5 June 1890. They had one daughter named Helen Emma Kingcaid born 6 December 1890 and died 1 May 1981. This marriage ended in divorce. He then married Louisa J. [maiden name unknown] about 1895. They had one daughter named Hulda M. Kingcaid born May 1896. This marriage ended in divorce.
2. Edgar Franklin Kunkle was born 26 November 1855 and died 31 October 1937 in Allentown, PA. He married Matilda Ellen FREY known as "Tillie", the daughter of Daniel Frey and Catharine Hilliard, on 15 June 1878. She was born 28 June 1860 and died 27 February 1942 in Allentown, PA. They had 3 children:
a. Warren Daniel Kunkle, MD born 2 November 1879 and died 13 March 1944 in Allentown. He married Maude MILLER, daughter of Obadiah Miller and Caroline Knappenberger (1851-?) of Mercer County]. Maude was born 16 August 1873 in Mercer County, PA and died 16 September 1963 in Warren County, New Jersey.
b. Mamie Luella Kunkle was born 6 September 1882 in Allentown and died there 10 October 1884 of scarlet fever. She is buried in Union/west End Cemetery.
c. Paul Vance PhD (1903-1974) was born 28 May 1903 in Allentown and died 29 November 1974 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Elda S. GRAMMES on 28 June 1924. Elda was born 22 November 1905 in Lehigh County, PA and died there 1 March 1993. They are buried at St. Paul's Union Cemetery.
3. Llewellyn Henry Kunkle was born 4 April 1861 in Allentown, PA. He married Ellen E. YERGER on 8 April 1882. Ellen was born July 1863 in PA. They had 3 children:
a. Clarence Llewellyn H. Kunkle was born 2 June 1883 in Allentown and died there 8 October 1886.
b. Clyde Aaron Kunkle was born 21 March 1887 in Allentown, PA. He married Mae V. KREBE on 20 October 1909. Mae was born about 1889 in PA.
c. Mary Amanda Kunkle was born 13 May 1889 in Allentown, PA.
JOHN JOSEPH KNAPPENBERGER (1828-1907)
John Joseph was born 26 October 1828 in Lehigh County, PA and died 15 September 1907 in Lehigh County, PA. John J. was a blacksmith who started his own shop in Cedarville and continued running the shop for 20 years with his son, Milton, and then his grandson, Oliver, succeeding him. John J. married Maria HILTENBEITEL known as "Polly", the daughter of Michael Hiltenbeitel [Hildebeitel] and Leah Wieder, on 11 January 1852 in Cetronia, PA. Polly was born 1 April 1833 in Bucks County, PA and died 26 November 1897 in Lehigh County, PA. This couple had six children.
1. Senobia S. Knappenberger was born 26 November 1852 in South Whitehall Township, Lehigh County, PA and died 4 June 1935 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Charles W. GILBERT, son of David Gilbert and Elisabeth Hecker, on 4 November 1871. Charles was born 23 January 1851 in Allentown, PA and died 25 January 1917 in Allentown, PA. They had 2 children: William (1872-1924) who never married and lived with his parents his entire life, and Jennie A. (1874-1907) who married Benjamin Daniel SAUERWEIN (1872-1944) on 23 December 1893 and had 6 children prior to Jennie's early death [This family changed the spelling of their name to SOURWINE].
2. Milton H. Knappenberger was born 7 January 1854 and died 5 February 1923 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Alavesta E. KRAUSS, daughter of Oliver Krauss, on 24 December 1878. Alavesta was born 15 July 1858 and died 6 December 1912 in Lehigh County, PA. They are buried in Cedar Church Cemetery, Cetronia, Lehigh County, PA. This couple had 1 son:
a. Oliver Henry Knappenberger was born 2 October 1879 in Lehigh County, PA and died there on 31 August 1922. He first married Ellen J. BAST, daughter of Thomas Bast, on 22 December 1900. Ellen was born 6 July 1881 in Lehigh County, PA and died 13 April 1912 there. They had one daughter:
Alverta M. Knappenberger was born 18 April 1901 in Lehigh County, PA and died there on 4 May 1989. She married Martin E. Owen LAUDENSLAGER, son of Elmer Owen Laudenslager and Ellen J. Greenawald, on 29 November 1923. Martin was born 4 November 1899 in Lehigh County, PA and died there June 1973. They had two daughters: Ellen Jane Laudenslager (31 May 1926-16 August 2011) and Nancy L. Lauderslager.
Oliver Henry Knappenberger then married Elizabeth M. SERFASS, daughter of Edward Serfass and Angelina Mehrkam, in August 1913. Elizabeth was born 25 August 1882 in Carbon County, PA and died 17 September 1923 in Lehigh County, PA. Oliver along with his first wife, Ellen and his second wife, Elizabeth, are all buried in Cedar Church cemetery, Cetronia, Lehigh County, PA.
3. Amanda Jane Knappenberger was born 15 October 1857 in Lehigh County, PA and died 1928 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Percival F. HARTZELL, son of Thomas Hartzell and Elizabeth "Louisa" BROBST, on 12 October 1878. Percival was born 26 December 1853 in Lehigh County, PA and died 2 March 1918 in Lehigh County, PA. This couple had 5 children: Minnie Mazie May Hartzell (1874-1902) who married Franklin G. McCLELLAN (1863-1942), John Albert Hartzell (1878-1941), Winnie M. Hartzell (1886-1949) who married Alvin G. KRICK (1879-1941), Edward W. Hartzell (1889-1975) who married Hattie H. WENNER (1891-1960), and Mabel Irene Hartzell (1892-1909).
4. Emmalina Leanna Knappenberger known as "Emma" was born 1 August 1861 and died 12 September 1896 in Allentown, PA. She had a child with Rewellyn MINK [they did not marry] named Eda Minerva Mink (1879-1941) who married Walter HEIST (1877-1962). On 4 January 1896, Emma married Harry W. EISENBACH who was born about 1873. Emma died eight months after her wedding.
5. Wilson F. Knappenberger was born 24 December 1864 in Lehigh County, PA and died 20 March 1926 in Lehigh County, PA. Wilson never married and lived at home with his parents. After his parents died, Wilson lived with his niece, Eda Mink Heist.
6. Mantana Arabella Knappenberger was born 2 February 1868 in Lehigh County, PA. She was christened 15 March 1868 in Cedar Church and died sometime later that year.
AMELIA KNAPPENBERGER (1831-1879)
Amelia was born 26 February 1831 in Lehigh County, PA and died 3 January 1879 in Lehigh County, PA. She married John Henry REICHARD, son of Daniel Reichard and Susanna Gangewere, in 1850. John was born 26 October 1828 and died 25 August 1852 in Lehigh County, PA. This couple had two sons prior to John Henry's early death.
1. Henry T. Reichard was born 16 April 1851 and died 1 October 1914 in Allentown, PA due to an automobile driving accident. He married Lucy A. LEH who was born 15 November 1849 and died 11 July 1908 in Lehigh County, PA. They had 6 children: Maggie Reichard (1874-1960) who married Alfred D. LUDWIG (1872-1956) on 10 June 1905; Milton J. Reichard (born about 1875) who married Marie E. (born about 1880 in Germany) and had two children named Julia M. Reichard (born about 1905) and Alfred H. Reichard (born about 1906); Emma E. Reichard (1877-1880), Mabel Reichard (born about 1881), Howard E.N. Reichard (1884-1893), and an infant who died probably at birth.
2. John J. Reichard was born 4 December 1852 and died 22 February 1930 in Lehigh County, PA. John married Alice R. BUTZ about 1882. Alice was born 5 May 1857 and died 30 December 1948 in Lehigh County, PA. They had 1 son: Edward J. Reichard (born about 1882) who married Jennie V.M. WISSER (born about 1881 in Lehigh County, PA) on 10 January 1903 and had two children: Morris J.E. Reichard (1903-1979) who married Helen, and Lila A. Reichard (born about 1909).
THOMAS HENRY KNAPPENBERGER (1833-1909)
Thomas Henry was born 4 September 1833 in Lehigh County, PA and died 31 March 1909 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Leanda HAUSER, daughter of Michael and Elizabeth Hauser, in October 1855. Leanda was born 27 November 1834 and died 2 September 1905 in Lehigh County, PA. They had thirteen children. To learn more about this family, click on the name above.
ANNA "CAROLINE" KNAPPENBERGER (1835-1925)
Anna Caroline known as "Caroline" was born 11 October 1835 and died 1925 in Lehigh County, PA. Anna married Benjamin FAHRINGER, son of Herman Fahringer and Rebecca Fahringer, in 1857. Benjamin was born 5 July 1832 in Lehigh County, PA and died 1919 in Lehigh County, PA. Benjamin was a farmer living in Lower Milford Township, Lehigh County, PA in 1870. Benjamin and Anna had five children.
1. Franklin H. Fahringer was born 2 February 1858 and died 25 March 1858 in Lehigh County, PA.
2. Albert William Fahringer was born 27 August 1859 and died 4 December 1944 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Emma E. HOFFMAN on 23 May 1885. Emma was born 1 November 1863 and died 16 July 1917 in Lehigh County, PA. They had 4 children: William Atwood Fahringer (born 7 July 1886) who married Effa F. (born about 1890), Myron Benjamin Fahringer (1891-1989), Verna M. Fahringer (born about 1896), and Elca S. Fahringer (born about 1900).
3. Henry Fahringer was born about 1862. He married Annie FOCHT on 25 December 1891.
4. Monroe R. Fahringer was born in 1864 and married Maggie HARTZELL. Monroe was a cabinet maker in Allentown, PA. They had 2 children: Schuyler T. Fahringer and Perma Fahringer.
5. Melissa M. Fahringer known as "Lizzie" was born 19 October 1865 and died 2 April 1892 in Lehigh County, PA. She married William S. HOFFMAN. This couple had 6 children: Emma Caroline Hofmman (born 9 March 1882) who married Allen J. DANNER (born 1872) on 26 August 1905 and who had 3 children [Charles, Ellen and Franklin], Infant Hoffman (9 March 1882-10 March 1882) [the twin of Emma Caroline], Alice Elisabeth Hoffman (1883-1887), Howard Wilson Hoffman (17 January 1887-14 February 1887), Melvin Benjamin Hoffman (born 2 August 1888), Melissa M. Hoffman (born 1892) who married Claude R. MILL (born 1895) on 30 March 1918.
FRANCIS CHARLES KNAPPENBERGER (1837-1929)
Francis Charles was born 6 December 1837 in Lehigh County, PA and died 13 December 1929 in Allentown, Lehigh County, PA. Frances was a carpenter as well as a farmer. He married Sarah A. WEIAND, daughter of Jonathan Weiand and Elisabeth Gaumer, in September 1864. Sarah was born 30 November 1847 and died 29 October 1929 - six weeks before her husband. This couple had twelve children. For more information on this family, click on his name above.
ANNA "ANGELINE" KNAPPENBERGER (1840-1925)
Anna Angeline known as "Angeline" was born 22 June 1840 in Lehigh County, PA and died 23 February 1925 in Lehigh County, PA. Anna married Willoughby Simon GUTH, son of Peter Guth and Esther Hummel, on 4 July 1858. Willoughby was born 24 June 1837 in Lehigh County, PA and died 13 January 1925 in Lehigh County, PA. Willoughby was a farmer in Salisbury Township, Lehigh County, PA. This couple had eight children.
Willoughby Guth, Age 55, and Anna "Angeline" [Knappenberger] Guth, Age 54
Circa 1894, Lehigh County, Pennsylvania
[photo graciously provided by Karin Simmons]
1. Seniah Guth was born January 1859 in Salisbury Township, Lehigh County, PA. She married Uriah A. KERN, son of Moses Kern and Mary Mohr, on 3 April 1880. Uriah was born July 1855 in Berks County, PA. They had 2 children:
a. John W. Kern was born 22 August 1880 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Millie [maiden name unknown] who was born June 1880 in PA. They had two daughters: Sadie M. Kern born 1902 and Helen M. Kern born 1904.
b. Charles F.H. Kern was born April 1889 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Annie [maiden name unknown] who was born about 1892 in PA. They had a son, Willard L. Kern born 1909.
2. Emma Jane Guth was born 6 March 1862 and died 9 January 1948 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Charles H. FEGLEY on 15 March 1880. Charles was born 19 September 1857 in Minesite, PA and died 5 July 1934 in Lehigh County, PA. They had 2 daughters.
a. Jennie M. Fegley was born 30 July 1880 in Salisbury Township, Lehigh County, PA and died 7 February 1931 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Harrison N. KNAPPENBERGER who was born 12 July 1871 in Lehigh County, PA and died 3 August 1944. This couple had no children. They are buried in the Cedar Union Church Cemetery in Cetronia, Lehigh County, PA. Harrison N. was the son of Benjamin K. Knappenberger and Anna Maria Nuss.
b. Ella Angelina Fegley was born 28 January 1882 in Salisbury Township, Lehigh County, PA and died 22 September 1967 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Frances "Morris" MOHR on 15 April 1897. Morris was born 4 October 1868 and died 14 August 1943 in Lehigh County, PA. This couple had 11 children. They are buried in the L & R Cemetery in Emmaus, Lehigh County, PA. Their children were Mable M. Mohr (7 July 1897-October 1979), Florence Emma Mohr (15 June 1899-26 November 1999), Albert A. Mohr (23 September 1902-September 1983), Stanley Mohr (1904-1905), Marvin Edwin Mohr (20 March 1906-June 1982), Viola Irene Mohr (26 February 1907-12 November 2003), Dorothy Mohr (1908-1908), Lillian Alverta Mohr (13 December 1911-17 July 2010), Arthur Clarence Mohr (27 September 1912-3 October 2008), Gerald Morris Mohr (2 April 1915-6 July 1984) and Richard Fegley Mohr (26 July 1918 - 3 January 2007).
Emma Guth, 15 Years Old, and Anna Guth, 15 Years Old
3. Anna Marie C. Guth was born about 1865 in Lehigh County, PA. She first married Eugene HAUSMAN who died in 1904. She remarried Jonathan H. OSWALD on 7 March 1908 and helped raise his children from his first marriage.
4 Franklin Clinton Guth was born 9 September 1867 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Amanda KLINE, daughter of Tilghman P. Kline, on 11 March 1888. Amanda was born 1868 and died 1 December 1902 in Lehigh County, PA. They had 4 children. Franklin then married Mary E. BRUNNER on 28 May 1903. Mary had been married previously to Mr. Ott. Mary was born about 1859 in PA.
a. Stella V. Guth born June 1888 in Lehigh County, PA.
b. Laura J. Guth born September 1890 in Lehigh County and died about 1927.
c. Alvin Charles Guth born 29 April 1897 and died March 1956 in Pinellas County, FL. He had a son, Stewart M. Guth.
d. Robert Henry Guth born 2 November 1901 and died 12 February 1984 in Los Angeles County, CA. He married Dorothea T. Warrick who was born about 1901 and died 5 July 1960 in Los Angeles County, California.
5. John M. Guth was born 15 May 1870 and died 31 December 1952 in Trexlertown, Lehigh County, PA. John married Mary A. BOGERT, daughter of Amandus Bogert, on 7 April 1894. Mary was born 25 June 1874 in Lehigh County, PA and died 26 May 1956 in Trexlertown, PA. John and Mary had 2 children:
a. John H.R. Guth was born 27 January 1897 and died 26 July 1992 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Mayme L. [maiden name unknown] who was born 1897 and died 1965.
b. Edna M. Guth born about 1905 in Lehigh County, PA.
6. Angelina Mantana Guth was born 30 November 1877 and died 6 October 1922 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Harvey J. WILT, son of Allen B. Wilt and Isabella Rice, on 6 February 1897. Harvey was born 31 January 1876 in Lehigh County, PA and died 28 August 1950 in Lehigh County, PA. Angelina and Harvey had 3 children:
a. Eva S. Wilt was born 25 April 1897 and died April 1979 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Earl Moses Schuler who was born 26 February 1894 in Lehigh County, PA. They had a son, Homer Willoughby Schuler born 10 April 1914 and died 16 June 1999.
b. Beulah Wilt born November 1899 and most likely died prior to 1910.
c. John A. Wilt was born 22 September 1903 and died 19 August 1998 in Lehigh County, PA. He married Elizabeth V. KLINE, daughter of Alvin Kline and Mamie Miller. Elizabeth was born 27 August 1906 and died 19 July 1987.
7. Willoughby Henry Guth was born 7 July 1887 and died 14 January 1904 in Lehigh County, PA.
8. Infant Guth who died at birth.
ELIAS JEREMIAS KNAPPENBERGER (1843-1926)
Elias Jeremias known as "Eli" was born 26 April 1843 in Lehigh County, PA and died 22 January 1926 in Ross Township, Clinton County, Indiana. He married Elmina NAGLE, daughter of John Nagle and Anna Harmon, October 1867 in Clinton County, Indiana. Elemina was born 2 September 1848 in Pennsylvania and died 26 November 1907 in Clinton County, Indiana. This couple had twelve children. For more information on this family, click on his name above.
JANE A. or ELLEN JANE KNAPPENBERGER (1848-1923)
Jane A. Knappenberger was born 25 June 1848 and died 21 September 1923 in Lehigh County, PA. In some records she is listed as Ellen Jane Knappenberger. She married Benjamin H. ACKER, son of John Acker and Polly Fries, on 11 November 1871. Benjamin was born 19 June 1845 in Berks County, PA and died 11 May 1923 in Lehigh County, PA - four months prior to his wife's death. This couple had four children.
1. John Robert Henry Acker was born 9 July 1874 and died 26 June 1951 in Lehigh County, PA. John married Lillie A. BARTHOLOMEW on 9 October 1897. Lillie was born 15 September 1872 in Bucks County, PA and died 6 December 1958 in Lehigh County, PA. They had 2 sons: John B. (born about 1898) and Harry S. (1901-1977).
2. Annie M.J. Acker was born June 1884 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Llewellyn L. LENTZ on 12 August 1905. He was born about 1882. They had 2 children: Homer L. (1906-1965), and Kathaleen A.J. (born about 1910).
3. Estella C.R. Acker was born August 1887 in Lehigh County, PA. She married Erwin A. TRACH, son of Charles and Mary Trach, on 14 January 1905. This couple had 1 daughter: Helen I. Trach (born 1905 in Lehigh County, PA). The marriage ended in divorce.
4. Beulah M. Acker was born 12 April 1889 and died 15 April 1991 in Lehigh County, PA. Beulah married John J. KNERR, son of Amandus Knerr and Mary Baily, on 28 May 1910. John was born 21 June 1888 in Berks County, PA and died 7 January 1941 in Berks County, PA. They had 1 daughter: Mabel E.A. Knerr (1911-1984) who married Harvey M. TRACH (born 1900) in December 1937.
If you would like to learn more about this family or care to share information, please contact us at email@example.com
Karin Weidner Simmons for donating the photographs
Shawna Fehnel Weida for sharing information on the Frances "Morris" Mohr family
James E. Kunkle for his research and sharing of information on the Kunkle family