HENRY A. KNAPPENBERGER FAMILY
George L. (1870-1952)
Frank (1881-1968) > 2 Children
Agnes (1884-1970) > 5 Children
Homer (1885-1932) > 3 Children
Alma (1887-1933) > 3 Children
Henry A. Knappenberger was born 7 June 1837 in Westmoreland County, PA and died 8 November 1914 in Oklahoma. He married Anna M. SHAW on 29 August 1869 in Andrew County, Missouri. Anna was born 14 April 1839 in Illinois and died 9 November 1878 in High Prairie, Andrew County, Missouri at the age of 39. She is buried in Whitesville Cemetery, Andrew County, Missouri. Henry and Anna had one son who lived to adulthood: George L. Knappenberger.
Henry then married Martha Elvira DEAN on 15 February 1880 in Whitesville, Andrew County, Missouri. Martha was born 26 December 1860 in Andrew County, Missouri and died 2 September 1948 in Shawnee, Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma. Henry and Martha and a number of their children are buried in Resthaven Memorial Park, Shawnee, Oklahoma. Henry and Martha had five children: Frank, Agnes, Alma, Homer, and Clarence.
CHILDREN OF HENRY KNAPPENBERGER AND ANNA M. SHAW
GEORGE L. KNAPPENBERGER (1870-1952)
George L. was born in 3 August 1870 in Missouri and died 7 January 1952 in Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona. He was 8 years old when his mother, Anna, died. The 1910 census for Washington Township, Caddo County, OK lists George L. Knappenberger as 37 years of age, born in Missouri with his wife, Blanch, age 24 (born about 1886 in Illinois). They had been married one year and had no children. George was listed as a retail merchant. In 1930 he was living in Platte Township, Andrew County, Missouri at the age of 59, single, and born in Missouri. He is also listed as a cousin and living in the household of Raymond Knappenberger. He is listed as a salesman of dry goods. George seemingly moved to Arizona about 1934 where his half brother, Frank Knappenberger, lived. George was a fire insurance salesman. His death certificate indicates that he was buried at Greenwood Memorial Park in Phoenix, Arizona.
INFANT KNAPPENBERGER (1872-1872)
An infant was born to Henry and Anna in August 1872 who died shortly thereafter on 21 August 1872 in Andrew County, Missouri. This child, gender unknown, was buried in Whiteville Cemetery, Andrew County, Missouri.
INFANT KNAPPENBERGER (?)
Another infant was born to Henry and Anna and is buried in Whitesville Cemetery, Andrew County, Missouri.
CHILDREN OF HENRY KNAPPENBERGER AND MARTHA E. DEAN
FRANK KNAPPENBERGER (1881-1968)
Frank was born 6 September 1881 in Andrew County, Missouri and died December 1968 in Phoenix, Maricopa County, Arizona. Frank was an oil wildcatter, banker, farmer and investor in Earlsboro, Oklahoma. In the 1920 census for Econtuchka, Seminole County, Oklahoma, Frank was listed as a vice president of a bank. The family moved to Phoenix, Arizona in 1929. Frank married Edith Catherine STAGGS about 1913. She was born 28 July 1890 in Ohio and died December 1970 in Phoenix, Arizona. They had two children.
1. Henry Moulton Knappenberger known as "Moulton" was born 22 December 1917 in Seminole County, Oklahoma and died 15 February 1966 in Phoenix, Arizona. Moulton was a cotton rancher. He married Marion Elizabeth WALLINDER, daughter of Carl Wallinder and Olga Nordahl. Marion was born 19 October 1919 in Chicago, Illinois. Moulton and Marion had two sons: Bruce and Steven. Marion later married Wesley Bolin who became the Governor of Arizona. Marion died 11 November 1994 in Phoenix, Arizona.
2. Martha Belle Knappenberger was born 15 November 1925 in Seminole County, Oklahoma and died 19 May 1975 in Los Angeles, California. She married Mr. DEVOL on 28 December 1945. This couple had two daughters: Kathleen and Carolyn.
AGNES KNAPPENBERGER (1884-1970)
Agnes was born 19 June 1884 in Whitesville, Andrew County, Missouri and died October 17, 1970 in Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma. She married Ernest Henry SNELLINGS, son of Elisha Alexander Snellings and Sarah Ann Johnson, on 1 July 1903 in Lincoln County, Oklahoma. Ernest Henry Snellings was born 17 September 1881 in San Saba, Texas and died 25 March 1966 in Shawnee, Oklahoma. This couple is buried in Resthaven Memorial Park, Shawnee, Oklahoma. They had four children.
1. Floy Loraine Snellings, son, was born 19 May 1904 in Oklahoma and died 24 April 1966. He married Della Angeline THOMPSON and had a daughter named June Delaine Snellings. He later married Billie HICKS.
2. Glenda Snellings was born 16 February 1910 in Pottawatomie County, OK and died 9 June 1973 in Oklahoma. She married John W. FOREACKER on 24 July 1969. John known as "Jack" was born 14 October 1910 in Shawnee, Oklahoma and died 25 April 2004 in Danville, California.
3. Marceline Snellings known as "Marcia" was born 26 December 1911 in Pottawatomie County, OK and died 11 December 2008 in San Angleo, Texas. She married Thomas "Roland" PARRETT, son of William Ottoway and Mary Estella Parrett, on 7 February 1938. Thomas was born 10 December 1910 in Monterey, Tennessee and died 10 March 2004 in San Angelo, Texas. They are buried in Lawnhaven memorial Cemetery in San Angelo, Texas. They had 3 children: Charles Roland Parrett (7 August 1940-2 February 1974), Judith Ann Parrett and Thomas Michael Parrett.
4. Ernestine Snellings died in infancy.
HOMER KNAPPENBERGER (1885-1932)
Homer was born 27 September 1885 in Whitesville, Andrew County, Missouri and died 7 June 1932 in Greenville, Hunt County, Texas. Homer owned two cotton gins and traded cotton in Earlsboro, Oklahoma. Homer married Carrie G. BURCH, daughter of Joseph and Delia Burch, in 1907. Carrie was born 13 April 1889 in Indian Territory (later Oklahoma) and died 27 December 1978 in Shawnee, Oklahoma. They are buried in Resthaven Memorial Park, Shawnee, Oklahoma. They had three daughters.
1. Mable Knappenberger was born 22 October 1908 and died 22 December 1910. She is buried in Violet Cemetery in Pottawatomie County, OK.
2. Arline Knappenberger was born 31 October 1909 in Earlsboro, Seminole County, OK and died 2 March 2006 in Shawnee, Pottawatomie County, OK. Arline married Harry BELL who died 15 November 1957 in Oklahoma. They are buried in Resthaven Cemetery in Shawnee, OK. Arline had no children.
3. Freeda Laverne Knappenberger was born 20 February 1913 in Seminole County, OK and died 22 January 1999 in Shawnee, Pottawatomie County, OK. She is buried in Resthaven Memorial Park, Shawnee, OK. She married Haskell McCLURE, son of Henry C. and Addie McClure. Haskell was born 20 December 1908 in Pottawatomie County, OK and died 12 December 1984 in Oklahoma. They had four children.
a. Homer Clayton McClure known a "Clay" was born 22 January 1938 in Shawnee, OK and died 29 May 1994 in Oklahoma. He is buried in Rest Haven Memorial Park, Shawnee, OK.
b. Haskell Harley McClure known as "Chub" was born 24 November 1939 in Shawnee, OK and died in Seminole County, OK on 8 November 2008. He is buried in Little Cemetery, Seminole County, OK.
c. Carrie Jean McClure known as "C.J." married Cliff BRAISER.
d. Verldine McClure known as "Geri" who married a Mr. HUSTON.
ALMA KNAPPENBERGER (1887-1933)
Alma was born 30 August 1887 in Whitesville, Andrew County, Missouri and died 16 December 1933 in Lincoln County, Oklahoma at the age of 46. Alma married Charles Cecil COWDEN, son of Robert Allen Cowden and Elizabeth Olinger. Charlie was born 31 July 1878 in Polk County, Missouri and died 21 August 1938 in Lincoln County, Oklahoma. In 1920 and 1930 censuses, this family was living in the town of Meeker, South Chowtaw Township, Lincoln County, Oklahoma. Charles was a manager of a lumberyard. Alma and Charlie are buried in Resthaven Memorial Park, Shawnee, Pottawatomie County, Oklahoma. They had two sons and a daughter.
1. George Daniel Cowden was born 18 December 1905 in Lincoln County, Oklahoma and died 14 November 1964 in Harris County, Texas. He married Melba L. [maiden name unknown] about 1927. Melba was born about 1907 in Oklahoma. In the 1930 census, they had two children and were living with George's parents. These two children were Charles D. Cowden and Velda L. Cowden.
2. Allen "Boyd" Cowden was born 11 August 1908 in Lincoln County, Oklahoma and died 20 March 1991 in Riverside County, California. Boyd was an Oklahoma State Senator. He married Charlotte Marie Hampton, daughter of Thomas Jefferson Hampton and Sylvia Garnett Brown, on 29 July 1939. Charlotte was born 8 February 1911 in Lincoln County, OK and died October 1970 in Chandler, OK. They had a son: Alan "Buddy" Cowden (born 6 August 1930 in Lincoln County, OK and died 26 February 2002 in Oklahoma).
3. Alma J. Cowden was born about 1921 in Meeker, Lincoln County, Oklahoma. Nothing further is known of her at this time.
CLARENCE KNAPPENBERGER (1895-1970)
Clarence known as "Smoke" was born 12 March 1895 in Whitesville, Andrew County, Missouri and died May 1970 in Blaine County, Oklahoma. He was the postmaster for Watonga, Blaine County, Oklahoma. Clarence married Oretta Leone BILLS, daughter of Abe Bills and Christina Meyer. Oretta was born 6 June 1896 in Waverly, Iowa and died July 1987 in Watonga, Blaine County, Oklahoma. Clarence served in World War I and was a Captain of the National Guard in Oklahoma in 1925. In the 1920 census for Watonga, Blaine County, Oklahoma, Clarence was single and was boarding at Bill's Boarding House where Oretta was listed as single daughter, age 23. At that time, Clarence was listed as a pharmacist. Clarence and Oretta had no children. They went on to run the boarding house in Watonga and, after enlarging it, renamed it The Noble Hotel which is now registered as a National Historic Building.
Marceline Snellings Parrett (1911-2008)
Arline Knappenberger Bell (1909-2006)
We need additional help with this family. Can you help? Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.